An opportunity exists for a newly qualified surveyor within the Portfolio Valuation department based in a leading firm of Surveyors. The successful candidate will be part of a collegiate team working closely with Directors and Registered Valuers, along with both technical and administrative colleagues. The role involves undertaking regular valuations on behalf of UK institutions, property companies, unitised funds, life companies and high net worth individuals. The types of properties valued include all of the main commercial sectors and are located throughout the UK.
This is an opportunity for the right individual to work with a market renowned and growing team in an exciting and expanding area of the business. There will be a good degree of responsibility and direct client contact. The role is an excellent “stepping stone” towards a career in asset / fund management, as well as a fantastic opportunity for a career valuer.
• MRICS qualified and competent in standard RICS Red Book valuations.
• High attention to detail, well organised with a good initiative level.
• Strong verbal, numerical and report writing skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A team player with leadership potential.
• Strategic approach to problem solving.
• Highly motivated.
• An ability to utilise varying methods of valuation.
• Computer literate – you will be expected to be confident in Excel, Word, Argus (Investor and Developer)
and willing to embrace new valuation programs as and when required.