Analyst - Corporate Finance team
An opportunity exists for a Financial Analyst to join the Corporate Finance team, based at our client’s Head Office in London.
The Corporate Finance team sits within the Capital Markets division which has a global remit to cover the student, residential investment, healthcare and retirement living sectors, providing fully integrated financial advice and transaction execution services.
The Corporate Finance team specialises in equity, debt and M&A advisory services, including recapitalisations and joint-venture structuring, debt origination and restructuring and strategic advisory for corporate real estate transactions. The multi-disciplinary team includes qualified accountants, financial analysts and specialist financial modellers, with strong experience gained in the Big Four accounting firms, private equity, top global investment banks and real estate companies.
The role offers an opportunity for a successful candidate to join a market leading real estate corporate advisory business, at an early stage in its growth and to benefit from the teams existing relationships and deep experience, whilst participating in a broad range of high profile corporate real estate transactions. Junior team members would be supported in pursuing their CFA or RICS qualifications should they wish to do so.
• Support the senior team in delivering a broad range of UK & European M&A and capital raising instructions;
• Conduct financial analysis and prepare bespoke financial models for large scale projects, real estate backed operating businesses and development joint ventures;
• Prepare transaction deliverables, including marketing documentation, corporate summaries, pitches / proposals and investor reports;
• Conduct comprehensive and in-depth research assignments into a broad range of markets and businesses in the traditional and alternative real estate sectors;
• Take responsibility for project management and administration, whilst supporting senior members of the team in delivering exceptional client service;
• Contribute to improving internal processes to drive efficiencies and improve client service; and
• A genuine interest in developing a long-term career in real estate corporate finance;
• Organised, diligent and hardworking, with an ability to exhibit a high level of attention to detail;
• Team player, capable of planning ahead and managing time effectively in an environment with high workflow and tight deadlines;
• Strong analytical skills – both quantitative and qualitative – with a basic understanding of corporate finance and financial modelling and a desire to continue learning in both areas;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to quickly build rapport, deliver outstanding client service and foster long-standing relationships;
• Interest in pursuing professional qualifications such as RICS, CFA or ACA;
• Strong academic performance, with a 2.1 or better in finance, real estate or accounting preferable but not essential;
• Demonstrable experience in real estate investment, corporate finance, private equity or investment banking desired.
Reference: Analyst - Corporate Finance team | Date Posted: 18th November 2020 | Status: Active