Leading UK developer of multi-occupancy, managed, residential properties with a particular focus on the student accommodation and build to rent sectors. They are highly experienced in delivering new developments, ranging from purpose built residential in the form of student accommodation and build to rent, commercial and retail units, and housing developments
You will work closely with the Acquisition team in implementing Group Strategy, identifying development opportunities, seeking to maximise the conversion of opportunities into development projects.
Reporting to the Acquisition Lead, you will support the bid and transaction process, coordinate key inputs, to include all operational, development and financing costs, ensuring all are inline with key targets and performance metrics.
- Assist the Acquisition Leads with developing the group target city & market data and reports.
- Assist with originating and evaluating development opportunities in line with the group target markets and provide support throughout the appraisal and acquisition process.
- Champion the opportunities that the Hub collectively agrees to promote.
Financial / commercial underwrite
- Compile investment appraisals.
- Coordinate key commercial inputs including accommodation mix and floor areas, rents, yields, operational costs, development and financing costs.
- Support the bid and transaction process, assisting with agreeing Heads of Terms, procuring legal and title reports.
- Respond to key points accordingly, negotiating land contracts and overseeing the process of legal exchange and completion.
- Assist with reporting for projects at the acquisition stage and coordinating on reporting for projects at the planning & design stages, monitoring performance against signed-off metrics.
- Supporting on securing Investment Committee approvals, including compiling Investment Committee Papers.
- Engage, as required, with the Hub colleagues, landowners, external agents, lawyers and stakeholders such as Universities, clients, and internal support teams such as finance, FPG, and divestment, as well as interacting ‘horizontally’ with other investment team members to share knowledge and best practice, etc.
- Showing an enthusiasm and desire to learn and increase professional knowledge and skillset, increasingly take the lead on projects.
Core Objectives – Specific Expectations of the Role
- Undertake relevant and appropriate planning, review and progress monitoring activities with all relevant stakeholders at the appropriate intervals throughout a programme.
- Maintain a network of contacts, key personnel and expertise through timely, measured and practical communications and engagements.
- Identify potential risks, issues, problems and other areas of concern along with plans and actions to mitigate risks and minimise disruption and delays.
- Provide advice and expertise to the team and colleagues across the business on critical issues regarding acquisitions.
- Share learning and good practice with colleagues to drive continuous improvement.
- Prepare for, attend and contribute to (including Chairing where appropriate) meetings with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders as required.
- Where appropriate, set targets, objectives and clear responsibilities for any direct reports and ensure that objectives are suitably cascaded and communicated to all other employees in the hierarchy.
- Where appropriate, manage the team and delegate tasks and activities appropriately to ensure estimating / costing services are delivered effectively.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports in the most appropriate format for various forums, meetings, committees and other groups, in line with reporting cycles.