Owner and Asset Manager of one of the UK’s most prominent Residential Alternatives portfolio’s are looking for two new Asset Managers as the business evolves and grows. They have a portfolio worth well in excess of £5BN, and all assets are located in key City destinations. They have a bottom up approach to Asset Management, and are looking for very commercially astute candidates, with at least 7 years clientside Asset Management expertise. Candidates need to really understand how asset management activities impact on a buildings value, IRR’s, driving Net Operating Income, cash flows, etc as well as being able to collaboratively engage with a wide variety of stakeholders, and bring operational teams onside with wider business decisions. The Head of the team is very well regarded and it’s a good opportunity to work within a market leading team.
- Develop building by building Capex plans for the next 5 years, for defensive lifecycle and value add refurbishments using a data led approach
- Add value to the portfolio of assets through Refurbs, utilising vacant land for value add projects
- Asset reconfiguration to increase income through adding additional beds
- Asset repositioning / transformation
- Driving performance from 3rd party Managing Agents and assist the Development team with input into design at an early stage to secure pre-lets
- Strong Asset Management experience from a clientside organisation, including leasing/letting, renewals/rent reviews and ideally purchase/sale. A key attribute is a very clear understanding of drivers of value in real estate and how to build strategies to create maximum value from assets and drive Net Operating Income.
- Experience with valuation models and understand impacts on valuation from various asset management initiatives.
- Good understanding of landlord and tenant law and be comfortable reading leases and legal documents to quickly pick out key strategic risks and opportunities.
- Financial / Analytical – comfortable using complex valuation models (Excel) and be able to interpret cashflows and able to clearly articulate inputs and outputs to non-financial stakeholders.
- Report Writing – to have a good experience in articulating clear and concise arguments for Asset Management initiatives and build support for the same across key stakeholder groups.
- Data analysis – to be comfortable analysing data and highlighting relevant data points for any given initiative, be it at asset, city, portfolio.
- Transactional & Financing Experience - some transactional experience would be favourable to understand what the usual pitfalls are in due diligence processes on sales and acquisitions.