AD role in Living Capital Markets – Funding Team
The Living Funding team provides investment and funding services across this Living spectrum. With background’s in banking and corporate finance, they are a unique offering amongst real estate advisers, coupling technical financial expertise with their market leading residential, retirement and student/PBSA knowledge.
Their specialisms, put simply, their client’s instruct them to raise capital to fund their real estate projects. The role is to provide support to, or act as, their clients’ CFO and investor relations unit.
Their strategic review of funding options at project conception gives developers the comfort to progress schemes at a faster pace, satisfied that the optimal funding structure and ideal financial partner is in place.
They maintain live knowledge of the ever-changing debt markets in order to know what parties are lending, on what assets, and at what terms. This enables them to source the most favourable and beneficial lending terms by significantly increasing competitive tension between lenders, reducing client financing costs and risk. With the number of non-traditional lenders in the sector increasing, they are able to open clients up to new funding relationships which the majority of the market is, as yet, unaware of.
Key to this is their global coverage and the strong corporate network the team holds.
The modern equity investor market is an international community in which they have one of the most expansive and far reaching networks of relationships globally. They work with clients to present them and their project(s) to a captive audience of investors with whom we maintain trusted relationships.
they work hand in hand with their Investment colleagues on projects suitable for forward funding structures. They have forward funded both ‘build to rent’ PRS schemes as well as speculative ‘build to sell’ for a range of clients, with the structure becoming more common as developers and contractors look to increase turnover, mitigate sales risk and bring forward construction programmes. They typically look at deals from £15m - £1bn, with areas of expertise, in addition to those outlined above, including: • Joint ventures • Debt placement and syndication • Fund vehicles and platforms• Structured land sales • Financial modelling • Corporate advisory Team Expansion
Currently the team is made of seven corporate finance individuals, who between them have built up a strong track record of funding transactions, and a substantial pipeline. On the back of an excellent delivery track record, the team’s remit has increased to cover EMEA, meaning they are looking to hire quality candidates at AD and Senior Analyst levels.
As a member of the team, you will gain exposure to the full range of deals listed above, and be expected to work across the whole life cycle of a transaction. Key duties and responsibilities will vary depending on grade and experience, but will likely include;
• Underwrite and present new deals senior team members
• Produce presentations, case studies and marketing materials
• Lead/attend/contribute to client meetings
• Prepare and take ownership for complex financial analyses and pricing models
• Determine optimal financial structuring
• Write investment summaries, real estate market research reports and credit memos
• Assist in all aspects of deal execution
• Coordinate transactions within tight timeframes, involving several groups within the company, clients and third party advisors
• 2-7 years of Real Estate or Finance experience. Preferably within a lending institution, fund or advisor
• Strong knowledge/desire to work in Real Estate Financing
• Relationship building skills – both internally and externally
• Financial acumen and excel modelling
• Track record of executing deals, and therefore understand how to structure a deal
Reference: AD - Living Capital Markets – Funding Team | Date Posted: 6th April 2021 | Status: Active