Top Tier - International Investments Associate
Joining one of the largest global investors of commercial real estate across multiple countries worldwide. The role sits within the buy side Investment Team based in London managing several billions in commercial property across the U.S. and Northern and Western Europe.
Specific focus areas will include sale-leaseback and build-to-suit projects, enabling corporates to direct capital towards core operations.
The ideal candidate has corporate investment banking/credit underwriting (reading balanced statements) experience and wants to move in to real estate.
You will be directly involved in the structuring and closing sale-leaseback, net lease and build-to-suit investments across Europe, especially in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and the U.K.
As a business they have extensive experience acquiring industrial and specialised retail assets, and particular expertise in financial modelling and complex credit underwriting.
• Buy-side acquisition of real estate assets and portfolios.
• Working directly on investments with senior officers and senior management.
• Credit and real estate underwriting.
• Building complex financial models.
• Analysing findings and performing in depth market research.
• Negotiating terms and structuring agreements and documentation.
• Preparing presentation materials including Investment Committee Memos.
• Managing third party advisors.
• Managing the closing process.
• Identifying markets and sourcing opportunities - origination.
• Relevant experience in underwriting corporate credits and real estate investment in a financial or real estate investment firm (global net-lease, sale-leaseback, build-to-suit and development experience preferred).
• International experience working across Europe preferred.
• Superior academic background (top quartile of graduating class preferred, relevant Master’s degree and/or MBA from a leading academic institution preferred).
• Excellent analytical ability; can synthesize large amounts of disparate information.
• Superior proficiency with Microsoft Excel; successfully built real estate financial models from scratch. Experience with Argus software preferred.
• Traits sought are an entrepreneurial spirit, independent drive, creativity, problem solving, attention to detail, and people skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication (experience with making presentations and investment committee memos/credit papers).
• Experience of negotiating terms, structuring and closing real estate investments preferred.
• Ability to effectively interact on a small team alongside senior management within the company and externally.
• Proven leadership and team player.
• Deal instinct and investor mentality.
• Willingness to travel.
• Strong language skills preferred (multiple European languages preferred)
• Willingness to work the hours required to close a deal.
The compensation package is competitive and will consist of a base salary and a performance based annual bonus as well as attractive company benefits including private health care and life insurance
Reference: Associate - credit underwriting | Date Posted: 26th July 2021 | Status: Active