Asset Management role, with Private Equity backing a nationwide landlord is looking for an Asset Manager to look after the North East patch working from either the Manchester or York office.
Helping to manage and to deliver a portfolio of over 4,000 small businesses which includes gyms, shops, bars, restaurants, etc, engaging with all tenants and communities.
Provide asset management input to an allocated portfolios of properties working closely with colleagues in other disciplines. The key function is to process lease events and add value whilst taking account of the provisions of the Headlease and its requirements. The Asset Manager needs to be aware of all material activity involving properties they are involved with, challenging the approach where necessary, even where colleagues are responsible for delivering the output.
- Ensure completion of the Rent Review and lease renewal programme and the efficient completion all Business Transfer requests and Contracted-Out Tenancy Agreement Renewals.
- Assist and develop new asset management strategies for the portfolios in the most customer focused and cost effective manner in order to meet business objectives and targets, ensuring that the portfolio is managed in compliance with the headlease, statutory legislation, best practice and professional principles
- maximise the income potential of the portfolio and minimise future costs by developing and implementing income and expenditure budgets.
- Establish and maintain relationships with tenants and determine how to maximise value against tenant charter initiatives
- Work collaboratively with the Lettings team to deliver lettings in line with strategy and provide sign off on all lettings transactions prior to the paper being submitted to any investment committee. Develop letting and tenant mix strategies in association with the Lettings Team.
- Ensure the ‘Property Management Team’ manage the efficient delivery of the Tenancy Termination Process ensuring properties are clean clear and appropriately certificated, including completing dilapidations claims as appropriate, for all terminations.
- Ensure that all asset management issues including debt recovery (where appropriate), covenant compliance (where appropriate), service charge (where appropriate), landlord consent applications (excluding assignments) are correctly executed.
- Work in collaboration with the capex assessment and delivery teams to assist in the appraisal and delivery of both new refurbishment and development opportunities within the allocated portfolio.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
A Qualified Surveyor (MRICS) with a strong degree level education
- Experience in property asset management gained within either a consultancy or client side environment.
- Experience of working with external consultants including lawyers
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to gain respect quickly from colleagues and clients.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- High levels of numeracy and IT literacy.
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- Good analytical skills, with attention to detail.
- Willing to travel to undertake the responsibilities of the role.
- Full driving licence